Made a short film around a land art sculpture I made with the boy….(‘Awesome Majesty’ song by Oli Proctor)
These are John’s images of a tree in the Med where the monks slash them I believe as a reminder of the suffering of Christ. Tree looks a little like body crucified….
He’s seeing it being used as a reflection….
We’re looking for your musical noodlings to go with it.
PLEASE DON’T SHARE ON SOCIAL NETWORKS FOR NOW, THANKS.
This recording/short film was created as a response to The Great Isaiah Challenge at Hoole Baptist Church in Chester.
Nick London had the idea and created the sounds, I just recorded them and stuck them together…
My boy painted the picture in this film and said it was for the church – a friend popped around and commented on it… and we played the film in a service.
It was used in the context of some teaching on Isaiah 61 as below. Unfortunately I wasn’t in the service for long so I’m not sure of the reaction to it?!
Isaiah 61: The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,[a]
2 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
I’ve given people a couple of images to interpret into music… managed to get a record of this one… (I had the idea to do this here)
A sketch, interpreted into music, applied into a setting, used by God to touch and heal hearts… during a worship practice. Hoole Baptist Church, Chester. 14/4/213
We met up with friends (the Bradburns) to explore expressing something of God through some ‘play’ (using various materials).
- It was introduced quite carefully in terms of not wanting to be threatened to people with the notions of needing skills to express something.
- We started by praying for the time, for courage, and that we could be ourselves.
- We asked if anyone been thinking about anything this week that they’ve enjoyed, found difficult, looking forward to, at school, at home, in work, or has a word, maybe something from the bible?
- We then spent a little time experimenting together and having a play…. take your pencil for a walk. Blobs, colours, marks, shapes – doesn’t have to be anything (representational).
- We then asked if there were any comments, and would anyone like to talk us though their image? (which they did!)
- And eventually if their image was FOR anyone?
Comments were: life giving, encouraging time. Helped people express something not heard before.
If you’d like me to facilitate a small gathering in this way just drop me a line email@example.com